Laura interviews Bruce Lubin, co-author of the best-selling Who Knew? series of household hints books—and a new QDT podcast by the same name. We talk about clever ways to reduce energy usage and save money. Find out how Bruce gets his entire family on board to cut their utility bills.
[Listen to the interview using the audio player in the upper right sidebar of this page or on iTunes, Stitcher, and Spotify; for Spotify, just search the app for “Money Girl.”]
Free Resource: Laura’s Recommended Tools—use them to earn more, save more, and accomplish more with your money!
Some of the cool tips Bruce and I talk about in this interview include:
- Knowing which appliances cost you the most and how to use less energy
- A clever tip to cut the time it takes to dry your clothes by 25%
- How to hack your water bills
- Tips to cut back your air conditioning usage but still stay cool
- How to keep your kitchen from overheating during the summer
- Ways to get your entire family on board to save energy—especially teenagers
See also: How to Save Money on Your Electricity Bill
Cool Tips to Save Money on Utility Bills
No matter if you own a large house or rent a cozy apartment, this interview will help you cut the cost of energy and water and save money on your utility bills. Here are a few great tips from our interview:
With today’s high efficiency dishwashers and washing machines, the expense is really heating the water. So wash everything as cold as you can.
Q: What are the appliances that suck the most energy? What are some tips to use less energy with them?